From CHF159 for 15 years storage
With our DNA Banking services you now have the opportunity to store your DNA sample under specialised laboratory conditions for over 15 years. This banking service provides peace of mind that you are able to retrieve your DNA sample for any future requirement even after your possible demise.
Once your sample is received you will be provided with a DNA Banking Certificate confirming your samples are safely stored.
You can also request that we process your DNA profile for an additional CHF86 so for a total of CHF245 you can have both your DNA sample and DNA profile available to store.
Who would be interested in this service?
- High Risk professions: People who work in high risk professions, such as construction workers, firemen, ground maintenance workers, may want to ensure their DNA sample is stored in case of fatalities where there is the need for identification.
- Health: Preserving your genetic legacy can help in cases where direct relatives may need access to your DNA for genetic reasons, such as in cases of hereditary diseases and conditions.
- Protection of estates: People may make an illegitimate claim to the estate of a deceased. Protect yours by ensuring there is a DNA sample ready for comparison.
- Missing persons: Once a person is buried, cremated or if their body has been exposed to chemical and environmental factors, their DNA may be very difficult to extract. Identification can be even more challenging if investigators do not have a DNA sample from which to extract a DNA profile for comparison. Storing your DNA in a laboratory ensures that the DNA will remain viable. DNA not stored in the right conditions can degrade- if a DNA sample contains DNA which has degraded, the chances of successfully extracting a DNA profile can significantly diminish.
DNA banking- how does it work?
We can offer the following types of DNA Banking options:
- DNA Banking – CHF159
With the service, we will store your DNA for 15 years in a secure and safe facility. Samples are collected by means of mouth swabs. We will send you a banking certificate which will state the 15 year storage period as well as information regarding who will have access to the DNA sample should the need arise.
- DNA Banking + DNA Profile – CHF245
Apart from storing your DNA sample, once we receive your sample we will test it to make sure there is enough DNA in the sample. A unique report showing your 16 marker DNA profile will be sent to you via email.
- Chain-of-Custody DNA Banking and DNA Profile – Additional CHF181
If you want to use the service for legal purposes, then we recommend that you opt for the Chain-of-Custody option to make sure that the samples and DNA profile cannot be contested by a third party. For this option, the DNA sample can be collected by a neutral, third party doctor or nurse (known as a sampler) using our kit following strict “chain of custody” protocols.
If you wish to just order a DNA profile without DNA banking, click here.